You are searching about Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup, today we will share with you article about Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup is useful to you.
Mononucleosis and EPO – Is There a Connection?
With all this fuss about the use of EPO in cycling in recent years and how injectable laboratory EPO was virtually undetectable until recently (2003), plus how the US Anti-Doping Agency, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and other Anti-Doping – Doping laboratories around the world suspect that athletes freely use performance-enhancing drugs, namely EPO; some officials have begun to openly express their frustrations with the shortcomings (underfunding) of the aforementioned agencies.
With the recent reports of some athletes getting mononucleosis, I got curious and decided to do an internet search to see if there was a possibility of a link between EPO and mononucleosis and found this surprising report (excerpt below).
Author: Paul Schick, MD, Professor Emeritus, Department of Internal Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University College of Medicine; Research Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine:
“Pure red cell aplasia
- Respiratory infections, gastroenteritis, primary atypical pneumonia, infectious mononucleosis, mumps, and viral hepatitis can cause pure red cell aplasia.
- Importantly, note that EPO-related appears to be a rare complication considering that approximately 3 million patients are treated with EPO worldwide. However, be aware of the possibility of this complication. In 2002, Casadevall et al recommended that patients receiving EPO should be tested for neutralizing anti-EPO antibodies as soon as possible after the onset of unexplained anemia.
- Darbepoetin alfa (Aranesp) was recently introduced and has a different carbohydrate structure than endogenous EPO. Patients receiving this agent should be closely monitored.
- Obviously, administration of EPO for athletic performance should be avoided. ” http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic1967.htm
“- Medical side effects
EPO usually “thickens” the blood which causes extra strain on the blood circulation as well as damage (clotting) to the smaller blood vessels. The use of EPO is dangerous as it stresses circulating elements and is often enough to precipitate systemic failures that would otherwise function normally at natural levels of stress.”
“What are the side effects of EPO misuse?
· While the proper use of EPO has great therapeutic benefit in the treatment of anemia associated with cancer or kidney disease, its misuse can lead to serious health risks for athletes who use this substance simply to gain a competitive advantage. It is well known that EPO, by thickening the blood, leads to an increased risk of certain deadly diseases, such as heart disease, stroke, and cerebral or pulmonary embolism. Misuse of recombinant human EPO can also lead to autoimmune diseases with serious health consequences.”
Does this mean if you have mononucleosis that you used EPO? No, it might be viral, but if you’re an athlete, the US Anti-Doping Agency, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and other Anti-Doping labs around the world will have their red flags flying for months. new!
With this information I was worried, because if there are any tennis players out there, champion, champion to be or not, before they think about using EPO, they should be aware of the consequences.
Why risk your life for a medal, a trophy or a few more dollars? Players and sportsmen, just say NO and stay away from EPO! Your health and life is more important to all of us than if you win.
Video about Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup
You can see more content about Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup
If you have any questions about Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup
Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup
way Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup
tutorial Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup
Did Portugal Qualify For The 2022 World Cup free
#Mononucleosis #EPO #Connection